The new magazine Despicable Lawyer has been launched, depicting David Gotlieb, a partner at Parsinen Kaplan Rosberg + Gotlieb in Minneapolis, on the cover. Click to see the full-size cover.
If you look closely, you'll see that the title is preceded with "Not Just Another." And the law firm itself published the 34-page magazine.
The 28 lawyers at the firm "are well aware of the general public's perception of the distinguished ladies and gentlemen of the bar." And by way of their client communication for the holidays, they address the issue head-on. In its magazine, PKR+G poses the question: perception or reality? "The reader is left to decide just how despicable lawyers -- at least PKR+G lawyers -- really are," the firm says in an announcement.
Inside are highlights of pro bono activities by firm personnel:
- "Work + Play = Howard Rubin" -- about the lawyer's work with the Alzheimer's Association.
- "Unlikely Alliance with a Cow" -- about secretary Deb Tanner's church mission trip to Guatemala.
- "Connections That Make the World Smaller" -- a briefing by the Global Citizens Network.
- "The Sensitive Side of Steve Katz" -- about his travel to Kenya with his family.
- A center spread with photos of firm personnel who were givers, connected by lines to pictures of people who are receivers.
PKR+G's annual tradition is to connect with its clients via a unique communications vehicle -- a favorite gift catalog, a lifestyle magazine, or a newly launched web site that showcases the personal side of attorneys and staff.
"We don't think of ourselves as money-grabbing, conflict-instigating lawyers, which is a common public perception," Rubin said. The goal of the publication is to connect with clients on a more meaningful level. "We don't have a problem with revealing who we are as human beings," he said. "Clients want a relationship with real people. So here we are, warts and all."
Kudos to PKR+G for their superb marketing and for making the world a better place.