Kevin O'Keefe has come up with some compelling information for law firm marketers about FaceBook:
- Over 150,000 registrants daily. That's 1 million a week since January.
- 35 million users today. Of course that number will be off a million one week from today.
- Half of users are outside college. That number was zero in Sept. 2006.
- 0ver 40 billion page views in May 2007.
- Average visitor stays 20 minutes.
- Most growth is among people over age 25.
- 47,000 Facebook groups.
Eight of the largest law firms in the United States have a Facebook network:
- Skadden, Arps 335 Members
- Baker & McKenzie 557 Members
- Jones Day 220 Members
- Latham & Watkins 291 Members
- Sidley Austin 107 Members
- Mayer Brown No Network
- White & Case 287 Members
- Weil, Gotshal No Network
- Shearman & Sterling 137 members
- Kirkland & Ellis 160 Members
"Like I've said before, Facebook may not be the right place for every lawyer to network, but [this] info from Facebook should cause any reasonable lawyer to take notice," Kevin says. Heck, I created a Facebook entry myself.