Tydings & Rosenberg sent out an eye-catching new-partner announcement that successfully serves a marketing purpose. It's a refreshing change from useless the black-and-white data-devoid announcement in Copperplate type that many law firms send out.
It's part of a trifold flyer that includes photos of the lawyers including four associates and a panel devoted to new partner L. Content McLaughlin. Tydings is a 47-lawyer firm with offices in Maryland and Washington, DC.
Why the works:
- The popping-champagne bottle on the from panel looks like an invitation to a party, and entices the reader to open it.
- The color photo indicates that an live human has join the ranks of the 28 partners.
- It actually says what she does -- counsel business on day-to-day legal matters.
- It mentions non-bar association activities, like being Vice Chair of Women in Associated builders & Contractors (so we immediately know she is a rainmaker), the National Association of Women Business Owners and several charities.
- It lists her phone number and email address.
- The card graphics use the concentric golden circles motif show on their website.
Kudos to the firm's veteran marketing director Denise Dewling.