You can learn how to get new clients and generate new files in a new podcast "Social Media Strategies for Lawyers," a MyLegal.com interview with yours truly. Visit http://bit.ly/aKdtBL and the Blog Talk Radio program will begin to play.
Lisa DiMonte of Washington, DC, the CEO of MyLegal.com, ran the interview. Among the things you'll learn are:
- The huge change from law firm marketing to business development.
- Why an attorney's legal training makes them skeptical of social media.
- The overload of choices in online networking and the solution to dealing with it.
- There is business to be had on online social networking.
- Tips and techniques you can use on LinkedIn today.
- The best lawyer profile I've ever found -- it list clients, industry familiarize and case histories.
- The power of recommendations on LinkedIn - focus on your business leadership, be a person to send referrals to, and identify the clients you want.
- An undocumented "Easter Egg": how to send a message to all of your contacts at once.
- How much time to devote to online social networking.
- Mistakes to avoid in online social networking.
- Three approaches to posting a good message that people will read.
- Using LinkedIn to target potential clients and identify the people you should approach.
It's all at http://bit.ly/aKdtBL. It's 30 minutes, so grab a cup of coffee, lean back and tune in.