Today Yahoo! launches its new Marketing Dashboard, which lawyers can use to see what is being said about them online, check directory listings, measure website traffic, and manage email and pay-per-click campaigns -- all in one place.
In development since last December, the Yahoo dashboard saves time by collecting marketing information stored in different locations -- such as the results of Constant Contact email campaigns or Google Analytics reports about traffic to a lawyer's website. Lawyers can create a free business profile at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/marketing-dashboard that links all the data together.
The purpose is to get new clients online. The dashboard is a command center where a lawyer can analyze marketing efforts, spot trends and see which online initiatives are working. The free version has several modules:
- Local Visibility is a service that sources more than 100 search engines and directories like Google, Yelp and YP.com to show where a law firm is listed online. Users can add profiles to directories where they can make corrections and add profiles where they are missing.
- Reputation Tracker gathers ratings, reviews and mentions from up to 8,000 online sources and provides a glimpse of a lawyer's two most recent reviews. It shows an overall star rating and a breakdown of positive and negative reviews.
- Site Traffic displays a law firm website's most popular pages, which web sites and search engines are sending visitors and top keywords that are search to find the firm website.
- Campaigns shows the results of search engine optimization, email and online advertising campaigns.
- Orders reports online orders and revenue. Not many attorneys sell things online so this will be less relevant to lawyers.
The Yahoo dashboard is a service that will encourage lawyers to market online, by making measurement easy. You can't beat the price. The paid version includes upgrades that cost $52 to $124 per year and will be valuable to lawyers who are serious about finding new business online.