Standing in front of the famous "bean" in my sweet home Chicago, Doug Stern, marketer and writer, gives us Attorney Bios West Web Practices.
He offers five tips:
- Provide assurance. Display case histories.
- Be brief. 250 words of anything on a law firm web site is plenty.
- Avoid jargon and business speak.
- Humanize yourself with a little description of your personal side. "People buy from people," Doug reminds us.
- Write web-friendly text. Use bullets, subheads and short sentences to make your bio easy to read.
These tips will improve any bio on any firm website. For example check out Doug Stern's LinkedIn bio, where he has 500+ connections, 10 recommendations, his Twitter handle @DouglasLStern and links to his blog and company website.
You'll see that at age 13 he started as a golf caddy. "Anyway, I caddied for years, even into college. The money was OK, I liked the game, and the caddy shack was where I learned to drink, gamble, smoke and swear–-skills I had trouble pursuing at home." Gotta love him.