Dee Latham, a Senior Copywriter, posted about being ready with a marketing plan for 2013 on the LexisNexis blog.
Have you given any thought to your marketing planfor the coming year? If you haven't started thinking about it yet, today is the day to start — and to avoid repeating mistakes next year.
Despite the fact that marketing is exactly what's needed in tough times, when businesses feel pressure, the marketing budget is often the first thing management wants to cut. Reminding everyone that marketing is what fills the sales funnel and pointing out how the competition's marketing is succeeding can sometimes help protect your budget.
1. Review your online strategy. Has your online marketing spend decreased? Has it doubled? Regardless of where you are from a financial perspective, review your return on investment (ROI) from last year to determine where you feel most fiscally comfortable. Realign your costs and spend money on the channels that will reach your audience.
2. Take advantage of social media. It's a cost-effective way to reach your target audience and beyond. As you can see, it's a medium that isn't going anywhere, as some had predicted in its infancy. By now viewing this as a viable way to promote your practice, account for any associated costs when you create next year's budget.
3. Get tactically aggressive. Focus your marketing dollars where they make the most sense — on tactics that will help attract new clients. View competitive efforts to see what is already in the market. Is it a mobile version of their website? Do they offer a way for potential clients to reach them after traditional office hours have ended? These are avenues to explore to make more of an impact.
LexisNexis can also help your firm develop a sound online marketing strategy for 2013 when you attend ourcomplimentary webinar: New Year's Resolutions for Your Firm's Online Marketing. Delivered by legal marketing specialists, this session will provide tips and tactics to help you:
- Improve your law firm's website to attract more high-quality traffic
- Convert more visitors to actual leads
- Create better law firm directory profiles
- Learn how to best leverage ratings and reviews
- Implement a blogging and social media marketing program
- Position your firm as a thought leader in a specific area of law
- Decide which law firm marketing channels are right for your firm (live chat, video, social media, etc.)
To learn more about our full range of solutions to help your firm, contact a LexisNexis Law Firm Marketing Specialisttoday. Bottom line: Get a fresh start and make sure you're prepared for 2013!