It's no surprise that the top four social media tools used by marketers everywhere (not just the legal profession) are, in order: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogs, with YouTube close behind.
The hidden gem in the study by the Social Media Examiner blog is that video marketing is on the rise. A significant 77% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube and video marketing, making it the top area marketers will invest in for 2011. Businesses with 1,000 or more employees indicated YouTube is a key area of marketing activity.
- The #1 benefit of social media marketing is standing out in an increasingly noisy world.
- 2/3 of marketers said a benefit of social media marketing is a rise in search engine rankings.
- More than half of marketers found the social media generated qualified leads.
- 72% of marketers who have been using social media for more than three years said it helped them close business.
- Nearly all marketers report it generates increased exposure for their business.
- B2C marketers focus on Facebook.
- B2B marketers focus on LinkedIn and video.
Social Media Examiner's survey had 3,342 participants.