Learn how to expertly handle business development opportunities with prospects, contacts and new referral sources in our upcoming webinar, What Do I Say To A Prospective Client To Win Their Business? On November 18, 2011, veteran business development expert David Ackert and I will describe:
- How to test to see if a prospective client needs an attorney.
- What you should say about your firm and its capabilities.
- How to transition from a social conversation to a business dialogue.
- How to avoid looking like a salesperson.
Click here to register. Save 20% if you register on or before Nov. 11: fee $240
- Common business development mistakes that attorneys make
- What clients care about when meeting you
- How to ask the right questions and listen effectively
- How to excel in a networking situation
- Diagnosing a clients' need for service
- How to overcome client objections to engaging your services
- How to sell ideas for next steps
- How to use a proven, step-by-step business development process
Who Should Attend:
- All Attorneys who want to understand and apply the best professional practices of business/referral discussions for successful business development.
- Associates looking to develop the right skills for business development and to begin now to develop their networks.
- Marketing Directors looking for ways to support their attorneys with sound, practical methods.
Click here to signup for this event.
The Chicago chapter of the Legal Marketing Association presented a dozen "Your Honor" awards for excellence in marketing at a ceremony in a classy Loop restaurant recently. Law firms were honored with an achievement award in the following categories:
- Advertising Campaign: Levenfeld Pearlstein LLC & Hunter Design – "Unusually Good"
- Identity: Davis & Kuelthau – "Positive Change"
- Promotional & Collateral Materials: Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP – "Demand Something Different"
- Promotional Gifts: Davis & Kuelthau – "Positive Change: Lockbox"
- Public Relations / Community Relations: Ice Miller LLP – "Indiana CEO Survey Project"
- Public Relations / Community Relations: Mayer Brown LLP – "Global Financial Markets Initiative Teleconference Series"
- Recruiting / Professional Development: Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP – "Demand Something Different"
- Sales / Business Development: Levenfeld Pearlstein LLP – Rate Freeze 2009
- Vendor Partner of the Year: Regis Marketing Group – for work with Davis & Kuelthau
- Web Sites and Other Electronic Media: Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP – Web site Redesign Project
This year, the judges thought two entries stood out among the others in their categories. To reward the uniqueness and ingenuity of these entries, the judges created a special "Judges' Innovation Award." This category was not available for entry. The two winners in this category were:
- Baker & Daniels – "Baker & Daniels Takes Flight into Identity Launch"
- Valorem Law Group – "valoremlaw.com – The Billable Hour is Dead" - visit here to read a detailed account
The highlight of the evening was the newest inductee into the LMA Chicago Hall of Fame, Donna L.G. Shaft. Shaft has dedicated more than 20 years of her time to the legal marketing profession. She was one of the early presidents of LMA and LMA Chicago, and she served on our chapter board many, many times. Shaft is a frequent volunteer, most notably as chairperson for many committees on the local and international level. As a marketing services consultant, Shaft's client list is a who's who list of professional services firms.