Leading experts in law firm marketing from LexisNexis® will be among the participants in a featured panel at LegalTech New York 2013, the number-one annual legal technology event in the world.
The session, "Taming the Wild West of Social Media: The Secrets of Social Media Success in the Legal Profession," will be held on Tuesday, January 29, from 2:00 to 3:15 PM at the Hilton New York in midtown Manhattan.
The panelists for the session are:
- Larry Bodine, Esq., editor in chief of Lawyers.comSM andmartindale.com®;
- Steve Mann, chief marketing officer of LexisNexis; and
- Stephen Fairley, chief executive officer of The Rainmaker Institute.
While it may seem like the Wild West at times, social media does in fact have a very real role to play in both the business and practice of law. According to the 2012 Attorney Selection Research Study by The Research Intelligence Group (TRiG), 26 percent of American consumers used one of the major social media sites when gathering information about a legal issue and more than one in five (22 percent) said they turned to a social media site to actually find a lawyer they felt might be able to help them with their legal need.
The LegalTech panel discussion will explore:
- The state of social media in the legal industry today and an update to guide attendees through the year ahead;
- New and improved social media best practices in specific online channels (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc.); and
- The various ethical and legal considerations about which law firms must be aware, including an update of key decisions and guidance issued by various state bar associations.
CLE credits are available — up to 1.5 general CLE credits depending on the state.
If you can't make it to LegalTech feel free to ask questions, comment or just follow us on Twitter using #LNsocial.